19 November 2009

Week 2

It was a long day; Thursday's are always long for me. In and out of chakras and auto-rickshaws, feeling as if I'm traveling the length of Surat district. The moment I got out on the road though, I felt better. Meg and I are still running in the evenings and for the first time since I've been here, I could see the stars.

Today we ran 2.5 miles at race pace - we don't really know what that is exactly so we just ran at a comfortable pace. The sparkle of stars above us and the sound of crickets in the sugar cane fields entertained us as we ran. The amount of traffic on our "Sugar Cane Lane" is so less at this time of night (I just used and Indian phrase right there. What is happening to me!?); just us, the trucks empty of their sugar crop on the way back home, and bicycles coming at us in the pitch dark. It's a perfect end to a long day.

But, I have another cold - India has completely killed my immune system and I'm exhausted from the long day. Will post more after our long run tomorrow! Happy running everyone...